IOWARN: A proven emergency response system that works!
During emergencies, IOWARNhas connected water and wastewater systems with other systems to provide mutual aid assistance during times of natural or human caused disasters. IOWARNresponds during times of:
IOWARN Member Benefits
Membership in IOWARN is open to all public and private water and wastewater systems operating within Iowa. To apply for membership, download, print, then fill out the IOWARN Membership Form below. Once the information on this form has been verified, an Authorized Official of the applying water/wastewater system must sign the Mutual Aid Agreement to become a IOWARN member.
How IOWARN Serves You
- Increased planning and coordination.
- Enhances access to specialized resources.
- A single agreement provides access to all member utilities statewide.
- Expedites arrival of aid.
- It is consistent with the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- Provides a current list of emergency contacts and phone numbers.
- Reduces administrative conflict.
- Avoids federal bureaucracy.
- Increases hope within our communities that recovery will come quickly.
Mutal Aid Agreement
By signing the IOWARN Mutual Aid Agreement, you will aid in greatly expediting the arrival of help during an emergency. Join water and wastewater systems from all over Iowa who will be available to lend assistance.